The desire and purpose of Children's Programming is to glorify God by providing children and families the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to respond by faith in Him and to live in obedience to Him.
EBF offers a comprehensive program for children from birth through 5th grade.
We are in need of 3-4 more Sunday School teachers to share the Gospel with our children 1-2 times a month:
- 2/3 year-olds - one teacher once a month
- 1st/2nd grade - one teacher once a month
- 3rd/4th grade - one teacher twice a month (possibly two teachers once a month)
All curriculum is provided, a helper, and snacks! Please contact Emily DeMoe in the foyer today or email ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cry Room/Library Notice
Pleae note that during the church service the Library becomes the cry room for breast/bottle feeding moms ONLY. We have several new moms in our congregation who need to feel comfortable being able to go to the cry room at any time during the service and not have to ask someone to leave. Please help serve these new moms by not entering the cry room at any time during the service so it can be open to these moms.
Children's Ministry Goals
- To partner with parent’s in presenting the Bible to their children as Gospel-centered
- To teach kids to hide God’s Word in their hearts
- To teach the Bible to children as the infallible Word of God
- To create a joyful and peace-filled place to learn about Jesus
Parent Call System
EBF has a parent call system that will display the family number of any child that is in need of his or her parents during services. EBF regular attenders are given a family number that is the same for each of their children. Visiting families are given a "guest number," and may request a permanent family number if they decide to become part of the EBF body.
10:30am • Sunday School
Ages 2-1/2 through 5th Grade
NOTE FOR SUMMER FOR 3RD AND 4TH GRADERS: There will be no Sunday school on the first Sunday of the month during the summer (June 7, July 5, and August 2). This is a great opportunity for them to experience "big" church!
We offer age-appropriate classes for all children from age 2-1/2 through 5th grade. The main teaching time is during the 10:30 hour.
- Our 2-1/2 and 3-year-olds use "The Jesus Storybook Bible" curriculum by Sally Lloyd-Jones.
- 4-year-olds through Grade 4 use "The Gospel Story for Kids" by Marty Machowski.
- 5th Graders are taken through a special Bible overview class that helps them understand how God's miraculous plan flows from Genesis to Revelation; the curriculum is called "Children's Firm Foundations: Creation to Christ."
Memory verses and teaching points are listed each week in the church bulletin and on the sidebar to the upper left. We encourage parents to discuss with children what they have learned in Sunday School and help them to memorize the memory verses. This opportunity is vital in helping children make the instruction given in Sunday School an integral part of their lives.
Ages Birth through 2-1/2
A well-staffed, safe nursery is available. The nursery is intended for children from infant through age 2-1/2 years. There is an "observation room" where mothers of newborns can choose to keep children with them while they see and hear what is going on in the service. The nursery is regularly sanitized, and no toys that have been put in a child's mouth are returned to the toy chests before they have been cleaned. We ask that parents who have children that are experiencing illness not place them in the nursery. Most church events also offer nursery and preschool care.
You can volunteer to help staff the nursery, decorate, or donate toys, diapers, books, and other much needed items. Contact Susie Else.