March Missions Garage Sale
The funds we generate will be used for specific Mission Team goals. The three major goals we have now are:
- To get the entire Audio-Khmer Bible into the hands of the Church in Cambodia.
- To complete the Khmer Jesus Storybook and get it into the hands of the Church in Cambodia
- To send Richard Roberts and Doug Moorhead to Cambodia to continue to build relationships, and help with the distribution and implementation of the Khmer Audio Bible and Jesus Storybook Bible.
Please continue to store items for this sale, and if you wish, bring items to EBF to be stored in our onsite container outside.
The Crescent ConneXion (formerly Muslim ConneXion)
March 16 & 17
- Keynote Speakers: Al Fadi, a former Wahabbi Muslim from Saudi Arabia, and David Cushin, professor, Columbia Biblical Seminary.
- 7-9 PM Friday, 9 AM-5 PM Saturday.
- $60/student, $70/adult.
- Many workshops.
For more information and registration information, go to https://missionconnexion.com/crescent-connexion-2018/
Jesus and the Quran Training
March 23 & 24
University Presbyterian Church, Seattle
- Includes workbook, Qur'an, snacks, coffee and breakfast, and Middle Eastern Lunch.
- Student $35, Adults $50.
- See Nan Kasik for more info.
For details and registration, go to http://jaq.org/blog/2017/08/11/jaq-seattle-march-16-17-2018/
Jeff Hogue's Newsletter on His Clean Water Project
Rationale for Project:
- To partially fulfill World Team's NGO agreement with the Cambodian Government
- To provide high-quality ceramic drinking water filters to villagers in Koh Kong Province with replacement filters at 50% subsidized cost.
- To educate households or classrooms about:
- the value of clean drinking water
- the effective use of ceramic-filtered drinking water for minimizing diarrhea caused by contaminated water
- how filters work
- how to take care of the filters
- how to use them effectively
- To create a ceramic drinking water filter distribution network through schools, communities, local business and other non-governmental organizations (NGOs), that provides an ongoing contact point for filter replacements, purchases and queries.
- To aid in Gospel proclamation by using the above education sessions as a discipleship arena for participating volunteer ministers
Anticipated Results or Outcomes:
- The rural Koh Kong villagers will experience greater degrees of health and wellbeing (shalom)
- A water filter distribution network
- Shift villager’s economic resources away from disposable bottled water to a more cost effective and sustainable water filtration system
- A decrease in roadside waste resulting from reckless disposal of empty bottle water containers
- An increase Gospel reception in unreached villages
- Augment national house church growth
- Partially fulfill WTC’s NGO agreement with the Cambodian Government
- Filters cost $20 + $2 shipping per unit
- Market seller profit $5 per unit
- Cost for villagers is $27 per unit
- An estimated $130 USD savings per year, per family
Ft. Stevens State Park, Cambodian Camp Out
3rd Weekend of August 2018. The Mission Team is looking for someone else to go this next summer. It's a great way to get to know Cambodians, and to learn about their ministries and connections in Cambodia.
Talking Bible Fundraising
Jesus Storybook Bible
Mission Team Needs Another Tech Expert: We meet the first and third Sunday of each month. Please consider joining and assisting us with your gifts and talents. See Jim or Doug.